About the Team
Mia Thompson has consistently been a top producer in the Mount Desert Island area and has served a wide range of national and international clientele. In the past two years Mia has closed over millions in sales, leading all other agents and teams in the area by nearly $10 million.
About Mia-Designated Broker/Owner
Mia joined The Knowles Company in 1989 and purchased the company in 1994 with two broker/partners. With over 28 years of experience in the real estate business, she has built and maintained a strong client base and has developed a keen sense of the market and a clear vision of how to facilitate a successful transaction in the most professional and thorough manner.
Originally from Berwyn, PA, Mia attended Boston University and completed her BA in Economics at the University of Maine. Her family, the Hartes and Thompsons, have summered in Maine since her great grandparents arrived in the summer of 1905. They still retain the family cottage “Cow Cove” along the shores of Northeast Harbor. She moved to Mount Desert Island full-time in 1986.
Currently Mia is on the board of:
- Sailors for the Sea
- Rigolet – a family board in Louisiana
- Board of Trustees for the Mount Desert Island High School
- Rear Commodore of the Northeast Harbor Fleet
- Northeast Harbor Fleet - Green Team – Chair
- Acadia Winter Trails Association – President (a Friends of Acadia winter program)
- Acadia Community Theater
Previously she served:
- Mount Desert Island Regional High School Sailing Coach, with a focus on the girls Team
- Mount Desert Elementary School Board – Chair
- Mount Desert Island High School and Union Board
- Town of Mount Desert Warrant Committee
Mia’s passions outside of work include the raising of her two sons, the last of which started college in the fall of 2017. Holding a USCG 50 Ton Master Captain License, Mia is a consummate sailor and highly experienced racer, both locally and internationally on International One Designs and Super Yachts world-wide during the winter season.
She also enjoys hiking, tennis, biking, and downhill, cross-country, and skate skiing. With Acadia National Park as her back yard and excellent sailing waters all around, she finds Mount Desert Island the perfect location in which to live and work.